1862 – 69 Owner: Dr. Water Bayne Geikie, b. 1830 in Scotland, d. 1917 Lived in the house with his wife Miriam Woodhouse m. 1854, and his children:
- Walter Woodhouse b. 1856
- Archibald James b. 1859
- Annie Laura b. 1864
- Frances Ethel b. 1867
and his sister who reportedly operated a “school” at the house.
1869 – 76 Owner: Dr. Frederick William Strange, Surgeon Lieutenant-Colonel to the Royal Regiment of Canadian Infantry, b. 1844 in England, d. 1897 Lived in the house with his wife, Esther Rose, and daughter who died at age 3.
1876 – 1894 Owner: Robert William Hillary b. 1832 in Ireland, d. 1894. Lived in the house with his wife Annie Fry d. 1904 and his children:
- Nellie b. 1862
- Robert Michael – who also lived in house after medical school b. 1863, d. 1936, m. 1895
- Norman (who becomes the family benefactor)
1894 Robert Michael acquired property from the mortgage holders. Married Edith Mussen 1895 and lived in house with children:
- Stuart b. 1896, d. 1917 at Vimy Ridge
- Dot b. 1898, m. 1927
- Bea b. 1900, m. 1927, d. 1973
- Nora b. 1902, d. 1993
- Mary b. 1903, d. 1963
- Margaret b. 1907, d. 11/2 yrs.
- Holly (Horace) b. 1907, m. 1940
- Betty b. 1909, d. 1975
- Norman b. 1913, m. 1944, d. 1966
– also Mrs. Hall, a widowed friend of the family, his mother, Aunt Alicia, Nannie and other family members – Guy, Jean, and Nellie De Chadenedes, Nick Mussen
1936 Robert Michael died, Edith inherited property and lived with Betty, Nora (weekends), Mary, Norman
1944 Norman & Joan lived in the house for 7 years until 1953
1961 Edith died and the house is inherited by Nora, Holly, and Dot; Nora, Betty and Mary lived in the house for a period with Holly, Mary, Nora, Lyn, Margaret
1970’s Dr. Molly Wills and husband also lived in the house for a time.
1974 Designated as a Site of National Heritage Significance.
1981 Aurora and District Historical Society took ownership. Nora remained in the house until her death acting as “resident curator”.
1993 Nora died at age 91. Structural stabilization, a new roof, the recreation of the balcony railing and the ongoing process of upgrades to the house and barn began with support from the Ontario Heritage Foundation and Parks Canada (Summarized P.3, “Planning for the Future” 1996).